Our workshops are driven by community interests. All of our workshops and trainings are custom designed for specific workplaces, organizations and communities.
Upcoming Events and Workshops
Join us for the screening of Constance on the Edge, a film that follows a Sudanese Family for 10 years from refugee camp into their lives in Australia after being resettled while documenting the mental health struggles and demonstrated resilience upon embarking on a new stage of life in Australia.
The film will be followed by a facilitated discussion about mental health while we explore how acts of welcome can support newcomers in our community.
Moderated by Sharmarke Dubow, VCST President
Sari Alesh – Syrian Violinist, World Refugee Day Victoria Committee Member
Gita John-Iyam – Family and Youth Services Coordinator, ICA of Greater Victoria
Sonya Boya – Registered Clinical Counsellor
Light catering provided by Saraya Hot Bread!
VCST AGM will follow screening and discussion, from 4:00pm-4:30pm
THIS IS A FREE EVENT! RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some examples of the many trainings we’ve offered in the past are:
- In Dignity: Using Response-Based Ideas in Work for Survivors of Torture and Violence, with Allan Wade, Ph.D., 2014: Workshop Poster (PDF)
- Let’s Talk About Torture: Exploring the Roles of Health Professionals and Ethicists in the Prevention of Torture, with Victoria Coalition for Survivors of Torture at Canadian Bioethics Society Conference, 2014.
- Survivors of Political Violence and Canada’s Role in Justice, with Matt Eisenbrandt of Canadian Centre for International Justice, 2013: Workshop Poster (PDF)
- Refugee Determination Process, with Peter Golden, 2012: Workshop Poster (JPG)
- Trauma and Resistance, with Vikki Reynolds, 2011: Workshop Poster (PDF)
Do you work with survivors? Are you interested in receiving more training?Contact Us